The mission of The Hillside School is to maximize the potential of the child with learning disabilities through excellence in education.
Our goal is to provide a welcoming place for families seeking the highest quality educational experience for their children. A Hillside Education provides strategies for children to understand how they learn best through the use of a multi-sensory, structured learning environment. We create opportunities that will allow our students to grow academically and personally.
A collaboration of professional staff, knowledgeable and experienced teachers, caring parents and energetic students makes The Hillside School an ideal place.
- Grades K-8
- Intelligent children who learn differently than their peers and therefore need a different approach to match their learning style. Some students may be diagnosed with a language-based learning disability such as dyslexia (reading), dysgraphia (writing) or dyscalculia (math).
- Class size: 6 to 8 students
- 18 Teachers and Staff
- Student-Teacher ratio never exceeds 8:1
- Reading & Language Arts
- Science & Social Studies
- Art & Music
- Physical Education
- Speech & Language
- Assistive Technology
- Guidance & Counseling
- Library / Media Center
- Science Lab
- Computer Lab
- Art room
- Observation rooms
ACCREDITATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Accredited by Middle State Association of Colleges
- Accredited by Schools Commission on Elementary Schools
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) member
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) member
- Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS) member
- Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS) member