A Hillside education is an investment in lifelong success for your student with learning and attention challenges. 

 

2017-18 Tuition:  $24,500

Each year, tuition covers approximately 85% of the cost of a Hillside education.  As an independent school, we depend on charitable contributions and endowment revenue to cover the remaining 15% of education cost.  We strive to provide ways to help make Hillside affordable to families of all socio-economic backgrounds.

 

Financing a Hillside Education:

Financial Aid:  Hillside–funded scholarships are awarded on the basis of demonstrated financial need.  In accordance with Hillside’s Financial Aid Policy, individual financial aid may not exceed 80% of tuition for the academic year.

Students who currently attend state-designated underperforming schools may qualify to receive OSTC (Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit) scholarship funds.

Tuition payment plans:  Single, Term, Quarterly, and Monthly payment plans are available.  Hillside partners with Tuition Management Systems, www.afford.com, to offer payment plans ranging from 8-12 monthly payments.

IRS Medical Deductions:  Tuition and expenses incurred for educational therapeutic intervention through approved schools are deductible medical expenses.

529 Savings Plans:  Starting in 2018, up to $10,000 per year from an individual’s 529 Savings Plan can be spent on tuition and expenses for elementary or secondary private/independent schools.  (www. pa529.com).

Flexible Spending Accounts:  Some employers offer Flexible Spending Accounts that allow for tuition reimbursement coverage under Medical Reimbursement Accounts.

Educational Loans: Your Tuition Solution, www.yourtuitionsolution.com, offers educational loans for students who attend independent K-12 schools.  1-800-920-9777

 

We invite you to contact our Business Manager for more information about financing a Hillside education.

 

Darlene Stack, Business Manager at dstack@hillsideschool.org or 610-967-3701

 

 

Join

JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Get Directions