A visit to The Hillside School is the first step in helping parents determine whether the school is a good fit for their child. If, after visiting, you believe that Hillside may be right for your child, the next step in our application process is outlined here.
1. Submit an application packet, which includes:
+ A completed application for admission
+$100 application fee (non-refundable) payable to The Hillside School. This fee covers:
* admission team review of all information and testing you submit
* standardized reading and math placement testing for your child at The Hillside School
* a summary report of our review and findings which lead to an admission decision
+ A completed Case History Report (included in the admission forms under our admission application tab)
+Any Evaluation Report (ER) or Reevaluation Report (RR) compiled by your child’s school, and any IEP or 504 plan, if applicable
+ Results of a psychoeducational evaluation completed within the last two years (this may be be included in the ER or RR that your school district has prepared)
+ Any additional evaluations such as speech/language, occupational therapy, ADD/ADHD, sensory integration, or behavior
+Your child’s most recent report cards
+A recent photo of your child.
2. Upon receipt of a completed application packet, we will schedule a visit for your child.
During that time reading and math placement testing will be completed, which will assist us in making an admission decision. Often a child will complete the testing over two visits. If school is in session, your child will spend a portion of the day with a peer group in a classroom. You and your child will also meet with the Head of School during the visit.
NOTE: If your child is an applicant for kindergarten, we will also schedule an observation at his or her preschool. There is an additional fee for this observation and report.
3. The Admission Committee at The Hillside School will meet to review the results of your completed application.,
You will be notified of our admission decision. Enrollment information will follow.
4. At any point during the admission process a family may choose to submit an application for financial aid.
The application is available online at sss.nais.org/parents, or forms may be requested from our office. Additional documentation is required to be submitted to the office at The Hillside School before a financial aid decision can be made:
* A copy of your most recent tax return (1040) and related schedules
* Copy of W2s
* Self-employed Schedule C and related attachments (business profit & loss)
* If you are a partnership or S Corporation, please attach a copy of Schedule K1 (form 1065 or 1120S)
All offers of financial aid are communicated upon the child’s acceptance to The Hillside School.
The timeline for securing an admission decision varies by individual. Generally, once all application information is received, testing can be scheduled within a week. Some children will need to divide testing over 2 sessions. When our testing is complete, a summary report is written and presented to the admission team. An admission decision usually follows within a week of completion of our testing.
At least two weeks are required to complete the process once the application materials have been received; scheduling conflicts or outstanding requirements can extend the time it takes to make an offer of admission. We are always ready to work with families to make the process move quickly.
If you have questions during the admission process, we are always available to help. We look forward to working with you as we explore The Hillside School as an appropriate educational option for your child.