8:25 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Office open daily from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
School Closings or Delays
- For closing and delay times please proceed according to the transportation instructions provided by the school district in which you live. Penalties will not be assessed for absences or tardiness.
- For information regarding emergency closings/delays or weather-related closings/delays:
- Weather-related closings and delays for The Hillside School will be posted on the school’s answering machine after 6:00 a.m.
Daily Dismissal Procedures
- Regular dismissal times are 3:00 p.m. for bus riders, and 3:10 p.m. for car riders.
- Early dismissals: Bus riders are dismissed at 12:00 noon and car riders are dismissed at 12:10 p.m.
- Staggered dismissal times allow us to maintain order and safety both inside the school lobby and outside the school in the loading area.
- Parents who are picking up children should park in the parking lot, get out of the vehicle and wait at the end of the walkway. Your children will be dismissed as soon as all buses have cleared the circle.
- Parents may drive around the bus circle off Sauerkraut Lane after all buses have departed.
- DO NOT PASS a bus when students are loading or unloading.
Special Reminders for Parents
- If your child is not riding his/her assigned bus home, the school must be notified in writing or by phone. If the school is not notified, the child will be sent home on the bus.
- A parent or guardian must also notify the school district transporter to avoid confusion.