The purpose of The Hillside School Handbook is to provide parents with an overview of the school’s programs, policies, and procedures.
The Hillside School and its parents each have significant responsibilities in the education process.
The Hillside School will:
- provide a research-based educational program for your child
- provide a caring environment in which to learn and grow
- treat your child as an individual
- provide numerous opportunities for success and the growth of confidence and self-esteem
- develop your child’s ability to transfer the skills and strategies learned to other social and academic experiences
- provide for the health, welfare and safety of all students
- communicate regularly with parents
- ask questions, read mailings, and attend meetings
- call your child’s teacher, counselor or Head of School if questions arise
- volunteer as you are able and attend Meet the Staff Night, student productions, and other school events
- ensure that your child has sufficient scheduled time and quiet surroundings for home study
- inform your child’s teacher of significant changes in behavioral patterns or in attitude affecting school performance
- see that your child attends school on time every day unless he/she is sick
- maintain regular school attendance by scheduling family trips only during school holidays
To find out more information please refer to our full 2016-2017 Student Parent Handbook.