If The Hillside School is closed or delayed for the day due to weather or other emergency, an announcement is made over local radio stations by 7:15 AM. A recorded message will also be on the school phone (610-967-3701). Please follow the instructions from the school district in which you live.
· Please DO NOT call the radio and TV stations; you will tie up their circuits
· Call the school only if necessary.
· www.wfmz.com is a timely source for emergency closing information
· If your district is closed or delayed and Hillside is not, your child will not be penalized.
· If your school district is delayed and Hillside is not, your district will still provide late transportation to Hillside.
· If Hillside has a delay and your district does not, your home district is not required to provide late transportation. You should make other transportation arrangements.
· Usually Hillside will not be open to accept students who arrive early on days that are delayed.
If school has an emergency closing during the day, please listen to the radio or log onto www.wfmz.com.
· Call the school if you are unsure of times or need to give specific instructions for your child.
ALERTNOW Notification Service
If The Hillside School will close early do to a non-weather related emergency, this real time service will send you a telephone message. You need to know the following:
· Caller ID will display the school’s main number when an announcement is delivered
· Be sure to say “Hello” when answering the phone. The technology must hear a voice to deliver.
· ALERTNOW will leave a message on any answering machine or voicemail.