We appreciate your interest in applying to The Hillside School. Once a family believes The Hillside School may be an appropriate fit for the child’s needs through a conversation and tour, we encourage the family to submit an application and necessary documents. The admissions committee begins a review when an application is completed, and invites students who appear to be an appropriate fit to spend a day or two at The Hillside School for further observation. The admissions committee will make a final admission determination within two weeks of the student visit.
The Admissions Process
The Hillside School has rolling admission, meaning students may enter Hillside at any time during the year.
Follow the prompt to upload any current and past evaluations. We cannot make an admission decision until we receive all documentation.
The following documents must be submitted in order to be considered for admission:
- Non-refundable application fee of $50 and an uploaded photo of the student.
- Comprehensive Psychoeducational Evaluation or Neuropsychological Educational Evaluation completed within the past 2 years.*
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP)/504 Plan, if available.
- Recent report cards from your child’s school.*
- Speech/Language Evaluation and/or Occupational Therapy Evaluation, if available.
- Additional materials as requested.
- Additional testing may be required if the documentation provided is from two years or more ago.*
- In-Person Visit (to be scheduled after review of application and other documentation).
* We understand that a kindergarten, first, or second grade student who struggles with reading, writing and math may not yet have all of the required documents. For these students, a comprehensive psychoeducational evaluation or neuropsychological educational evaluation is only required if already completed.** Additionally, a report card is required for a kindergartener if one has already been provided.
**Students accepted without a Comprehensive Psychoeducational Evaluation will be required to provide the results of educational testing during their first year at Hillside.
The application is a questionnaire about your child’s history, parent demographic information, and parent observations.
For New Families:
Beginning and accessing the online application require a username and password. If you do not have a username and password, please complete and submit an inquiry form.
Following submission, you will receive an email with instructions about setting up your Admissions Portal account. You will use this username and password if you return to the portal to complete the admission application or review its status.
For Current Hillside Families:
To submit an application for another child, visit the online Admissions Portal. Login using the same login information you use to access the Hillside Parent Portal. Then, select the child’s name from the drop-down menu, select the name of the child for whom you are applying.
Prospective families wishing to apply for financial aid should begin the process as soon as the admission application and the supporting documents have been submitted. All financial aid decisions are made independently of admission decisions, and are only awarded after an offer of admission has been extended to a prospective student.