Media/Maker Space and Art Teacher- Specializing in Learning Differences
The Hillside School, a renowned K-8 independent educational institution in Macungie, PA, is seeking a dynamic and innovative Media/Maker Space and Art Educator to join our esteemed faculty. If you have a passion for fostering creativity, empowering students with specialized learning needs, and integrating media and art into a specialized learning environment, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive media/maker space and art curriculum that aligns with the unique needs of students with specialized learning challenges.
- Design and facilitate engaging media and art lessons that promote creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Create a supportive and inclusive environment that allows students to explore and express themselves through various media, including digital tools, coding, robotics, and traditional art mediums.
- Incorporate assistive technology and adaptive tools to ensure accessibility and enhance students’ participation and learning experiences.
- Collaborate with colleagues and specialists to integrate media/maker space and art activities into cross-curricular projects and individualized education plans (IEPs).
- Assess student progress and provide constructive feedback to students and parents/guardians, celebrating their unique talents and achievements.
- Foster a positive and nurturing classroom culture that promotes confidence, self-expression, and a sense of belonging.
- Maintain open communication with students, parents, and administrators regarding student progress, media/art activities, and school events.
- Stay abreast of current research, trends, and best practices in media, maker space, and art education for students with specialized learning needs.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to enhance teaching practices and knowledge in specialized learning environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Art Education, Media Studies, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- Valid teaching certification/license in Pennsylvania or ability to obtain certification.
- Specialization or coursework in specialized learning or working with students with diverse learning needs.
- Experience teaching media, maker space, or art to students with specialized learning challenges is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of media tools, coding, robotics, traditional art mediums, and adaptive technologies.
- Familiarity with assistive technology and its integration into media/maker space and art education.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to differentiate instruction and adapt teaching strategies to meet individual student needs.
- Proficiency in utilizing technology and digital tools for media and art instruction.
- Dedication to ongoing professional development in specialized learning and media/art education.
To apply for this position, please submit the following documents:
- Cover letter highlighting your experience and commitment to teaching students with language-based learning differences.
- Updated resume/CV, emphasizing relevant qualifications and expertise.
- Copies of teaching certifications or proof of eligibility.
- Contact information for at least three professional references.
The Hillside School offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. We value diversity and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please send your application materials via email to email@example.com or mail them to:
Attn: Associate Head of School
2697 Brookside Road
Macungie, PA 18062
The Hillside School is an equal opportunity employer. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. We appreciate your interest in joining our team and making a difference in the lives of students with language-based learning differences!