Middle School Teacher – Special Education (ADHD/Dyslexia Focus)
The Hillside School is seeking a dedicated and compassionate middle school teacher with expertise in special education, particularly in working with students with ADHD and dyslexia. The ideal candidate should have experience teaching in a middle school environment and possess the necessary skills to support and engage students with diverse learning needs. We are looking for someone enthusiastic, patient, and able to inspire and empower our students with ADHD and dyslexia.
- Plan and deliver differentiated lessons in all content areas to meet the individual needs of students with ADHD and dyslexia
- Utilize evidence-based instructional strategies and accommodations to support students with ADHD and dyslexia in accessing and comprehending curriculum materials
- Create and implement specialized assessments to track the progress of students with ADHD and dyslexia, and use data to adjust instruction accordingly
- Develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) and 504 plans in collaboration with the special education team and parents/guardians
- Foster a safe, inclusive, and structured learning environment that supports the unique needs of students with ADHD and dyslexia
- Collaborate with general education teachers to provide necessary accommodations and modifications for students with ADHD and dyslexia in mainstream classrooms
- Employ assistive technology and other relevant tools to enhance learning experiences and support the success of students with ADHD and dyslexia
- Regularly communicate and collaborate with parents/guardians to provide updates on student progress, discuss strategies, and address concerns
- Stay informed about the latest research, methodologies, and best practices in special education, specifically related to ADHD and dyslexia
- Bachelor’s degree in special education or a related field
- Pennsylvania teaching certification in special education (K-12)
- Minimum of two years of experience teaching in a middle school setting, with a focus on students with ADHD and dyslexia
- In-depth knowledge of ADHD and dyslexia, including their characteristics, interventions, and instructional strategies
- Familiarity with individualized education plans (IEPs) and 504 plans
- Strong understanding of evidence-based instructional practices and assistive technologies for students with ADHD and dyslexia
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work closely with colleagues, parents, and support staff
- Patience, empathy, and a passion for working with students with diverse learning needs
To apply for this position, please submit the following documents:
- Cover letter highlighting your experience and commitment to teaching students with language-based learning differences.
- Updated resume/CV, emphasizing relevant qualifications and expertise.
- Copies of teaching certifications or proof of eligibility.
- Contact information for at least three professional references.
The Hillside School offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. We value diversity and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please send your application materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to:
Attn: Associate Head of School
2697 Brookside Road
Macungie, PA 18062